Please click here to return to the NPK home page.
- Safety:Eliminates the need for employees inside rail cars
- Electrical not diesel: Facilitates indoor installations with no need for ventilation
- Noise reduction
- Speed: Greatly reduces unloading time with increased volume and capacity
- Cost: Reduced labor
- Eliminate delays by reducing labor intensive activity
- Reduces rail car damage
- Reduces the need for hammers or Vibrators
- Reduction of term on leased cars
- NPK Hard Car Unloaders pay for themselves in as little as one year
- All NPK products are supported by the highest level of service in the industry.
Return to the photo gallery at anytime during the slide show.
Use the pause/play buttons on the far right to pause/restart the slide show.
Use the -+ buttons to go back/forward one image.
Use this button to goto the begining of the numbered navigation.
Use this button to goto the end of the numbered navigation.
For more information regarding the Hard Car Unloader please visit either of the below publications' articles by clicking on their logo.
Get Flash Player 9 here.
Get Flash Player 9 here.
The Hard Car Unloader designed by NPK, facilitates unloading packed, frozen or hardened bulk products such as DDGS, coke, ash, soybean meal, etc. from hopper bottom railcars.
A two-section hydraulic boom, which mounts on support framework straddling railroad tracks, manipulates a vertical probe that loosens material inside the rail car. Minimal effort of the articulating probe enables the material to flow freely through hopper doors, quickly & efficiently unloading the rail car.
The speed and effectiveness of NPK’s Hard Car Unloader is unmatched. Mills that normally processed 100 – 140 car unit trains in 2 weeks using 6 employees can now unload those trains in as little as 48 hours utilizing only 3 to 4 employees and an NPK Hard Car Unloader. This is mainly due to the power of the probe; it allows constant mixing and moving of the material from the top of the rail car all the way to the gate. Eliminating the need for personnel inside the car reduces delays and creates safer work environment. Mill operators that utilize NPK Hard Car Unloaders are not only saving time and manpower but are also saving money by reducing the term on leased cars.
NPK HARD CAR UNLOADER
- Designed and manufactured for trouble free, continuous duty operation in severe operating conditions.
- Oversized hardened alloy steel pins and replaceable bushings at all pivot points to assure maximum strength and accurate alignment
- Solid swing frame construction withstands static/dynamic loads during raking and probing .
- Substantial pick linkages provide exceptional strength while maintaining maximum pick articulation.
- Factory supervised initial start-up and operator training
- 1- year limited factory warranty
- Operator, service and parts manuals
MODEL HP30 HYDRAULIC POWER UNIT
- 30 Horsepower premium efficiency, severe duty electric motor.
- Variable displacement, load sense, direct driven piston pump complete with volume stop
- Sight/temperature gauge
- Self-contained unit allows for convenient locating in relation to the NPK Hard Car Unloader
- Return Line filter, Suction Line Strainer
- 75-gallon fluid tank
ELECTRO-HYDRAULIC CONTROL PACKAGE
- Lightweight, compact 2 joystick electrical control console
- Multi-function joysticks provide complete proportional control over all boom functions
- 5 spool control valve complete with manual override levers and individual port relief’s